Monday, October 15, 2012

Pizza perfection...

Being from an Italian background, I love my pizza and pasta...and tonight I tried my hand at making my own pizza dough!

The pizza dough recipe came from the Weight Watchers Takeaway at Homecookbook and then I added my own toppings...ham, mushroom and light mozzarella cheese.


The pizza was delicious and my kids loved it! It's definitely a winner and I know I'll be making these quite often. I found the dough to be quite crispy and my hubby...also known as the pizza maker extraordinaire...suggested that I add less oil next time round.

So here is my tweaked...

Pizza Base Recipe
ProPoints: 8
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
- 1 sachet dry yeast (7g)
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water
2 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp oil

Directions:
  1. Place yeast, sugar and 3/4 cup warm water in a jug. Whisk until yeast has dissolved. Set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes or until frothy.
  2. Sift flour into a large bowl. 
  3. Add the flour, salt, yeast mixture and oil into a mixer fixed with a paddle hook. Mix until the dough forms, is smooth and comes away from the sides of the bowl. (Alternatively, place on a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.) 
  4. Place in a large oiled bowl. Cover and set aside in a warm place for at least 1 hour or until doubled in size.
  5. Top with your favourite toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
If you would like to respond to my post or you'd simply like to share your own journey, please write a comment...I really LOVE to read them!