I was preparing lunch today when I heard a loud knock at the door and a shout for me to get a shovel...
Um...what?
So I opened the roller door to see a friend of my neighbours in my driveway screaming at me to grab a shovel...
"Why?"
"You've got a brown snake in your front yard?"
A what???
Oh yes...you read correctly...a brown snake in my front yard...AND I LIVE IN SUBURBIA!
I ran to my shed and couldn't open the damn thing as hubby had locked it, so in a panic ran to my neighbours house...knocking and screaming for a shovel! (...thank goodness I've been working on my running!!!)
"This isn't a long-handed shovel. You're going to have to help me get it?"
"Are you serious? There's no way I can do that."
"It's eaither you help, or this snake will end up in your garage...then we're up s**t creek."
Oh man...
Well...I won't share the ordeal...but I had to pass the utensils as my saviourdecapitated the brown snake.
Um...what?
So I opened the roller door to see a friend of my neighbours in my driveway screaming at me to grab a shovel...
"Why?"
"You've got a brown snake in your front yard?"
A what???
Oh yes...you read correctly...a brown snake in my front yard...AND I LIVE IN SUBURBIA!
I ran to my shed and couldn't open the damn thing as hubby had locked it, so in a panic ran to my neighbours house...knocking and screaming for a shovel! (...thank goodness I've been working on my running!!!)
"This isn't a long-handed shovel. You're going to have to help me get it?"
"Are you serious? There's no way I can do that."
"It's eaither you help, or this snake will end up in your garage...then we're up s**t creek."
Oh man...
Well...I won't share the ordeal...but I had to pass the utensils as my saviourdecapitated the brown snake.
Thank god for my saviour! Thank God he saw it make it's way into my yard and thank God he disposed of it for me!
I've never seen a 'wild snake' before and I hope I don't see another ever again! I was worried about snakes at my daughters school (as she's just moved over to a semi-rural school...and it's our first summer term there)...and instead a snake visited me at home...
Bring on summer??!! :(
Oh yeah...and I finally had the stomach to eat my lunch around 2:30pm...snake anyone...joking, joking!!!

ARRRR I am so scared of snakes!! I just moved down here form Qld ,now i AM SCARED as I live on a one acre block
ReplyDelete