The walk was fantastic, with the real champions of the day being the kids. It was great to finally participate in a group event and my girls loved being with the other kids. It's great that we have a Crew where even the little ones can get involved.
Last night a few of us hit the pool for a swimming session. It's been a long time since I've been in the water, and I realised last night just how much I've missed it. I loved doing laps up and down the pool, with freestyle and backstroke being my strongest strokes. I'm going to make swimming part of my weekly exercise routine from now on.
At the beginning of the week, I had decided that I'd do the Pink Fun Run instead of the Triathlon Pink event due to lack of preparation...but last night Geanina and Rachel encouraged me to compete in the triathlon...and I did the craziest thing by accepting the challenge!
We've decided to do the Triathlon Pink short course 100m swim/3km cycle/1km run. I think it's a good distance for our first ever triathlon and if I do well, my aim is to compete in the Women's Triathlon Festival at the Sydney International Regatta Centre, Penrith on the 25th November. The distance is longer for this event with a 250m swim/10km cycle/2km run. A distance that will definitely be a challenge.
I'm excited about next Saturday and can't wait to get in there and have a go. It's something I've always wanted to do and I'm finally going to try and tri!! I told my daughter that I'm racing for her next week. As many of you know, she suffers from General Anxiety Disorder. I told her that mummy is racing for her to show her that it's fun to try new things and the most important thing is to give it a go, have fun and smile. She promised she'll cheer me on the whole way!
I would love to crack the 70s and be in the 60s by next weekend for the event, so I'm determined to shed the 1.6kg to get me there...I've increased my workouts so fingers crossed the scales go in a downwards direction!!
I'm excited about next Saturday and can't wait to get in there and have a go. It's something I've always wanted to do and I'm finally going to try and tri!! I told my daughter that I'm racing for her next week. As many of you know, she suffers from General Anxiety Disorder. I told her that mummy is racing for her to show her that it's fun to try new things and the most important thing is to give it a go, have fun and smile. She promised she'll cheer me on the whole way!
I would love to crack the 70s and be in the 60s by next weekend for the event, so I'm determined to shed the 1.6kg to get me there...I've increased my workouts so fingers crossed the scales go in a downwards direction!!


Well done! you did amazing last night so you i'm sure you will conquer the Triathlon and want more, more, more!
ReplyDeleteSusanna :-)
Great work Marianna can't wait to meet you soon! and yay so good your doing the triathlon! :) xx
ReplyDeleteSo our very own "Bridges" and her positivity strikes again? ;)
ReplyDeleteLol. So glad you decided to do it because I have a very strong feeling it's going to be another one of those turning points for you. :)
Hurrah!