Saturday, May 19, 2012

SMART Goals

Image via HERE. 
Setting goals is crucial, as we set before us a clear roadmap on where we want to go and what we want to achieve.

I found this exercise quite difficult, as my goals are a little different to the ones I set during 12WBT R2, 2011. You see...my husband and I would like to have another child, and we unfortunately had a miscarriage in January this year. We are trying again, but I feel that my weight is not helping. I'm 15k-20g heavier than what I was when I fell pregnant with both my daughters (now aged 6 and 3), and things just haven't gone smoothly this time round. The main reason why I signed up for this round is so that I could shed weight before falling pregnant and follow the 12WBT Pregnancy Program if I do become pregnant. I've set my goals, but know that if I do fall pregnant soon, I will have to reassess.

1 Month Goals:
I want to shed 4kg and be accountable for my eating and training habits.
How I will get there...
- I will stick to 1200 calories daily and track using MyFitnessPal.
- I will exercise 6 days a week and track using MyFitnessPal/MapMyWalk.
- I will participate in the 12WBT forums and SWSyd Crew Facebook/Blog page.

3 Month Goals:
I want to have shed 12kg and attend the 12WBT finale.
How I will get there...
- I will stick to 1200 calories daily and track using MyFitnessPal.
- I will exercise 6 days a week and track using MyFitnessPal/MapMyWalk.
- I will participate in the 12WBT forums and SWSyd Crew Facebook/Blog page.
- Sign up for the 12WBT group training and finale party.

6 Month Goals:
I want to be pregnant with baby #3 and maintaining a healthy weight during the pregnancy.
How I will get there:
- I will sign up for 12WBT Round 3 and follow the Pregnancy Program.
- I will track my calories using MyFitnessPal.
- I will exercise 6 days a week and track using MyFitnessPal/MapMyWalk.

12 Month Goals:
I want to have had baby #3 and be 65kgs.
How I will get there:
- I will sign up for 12WBT Round 1, 2013 and follow the Pregnancy Program (whilst breastfeeding).
- I will track my calories using MyFitnessPal.
- I will exercise 6 days a week and track using MyFitnessPal/MapMyWalk.

What do you hope to achieve this round?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!
If you would like to respond to my post or you'd simply like to share your own journey, please write a comment...I really LOVE to read them!