Friday, May 18, 2012

Excuses, excuses!

Image via HERE.
Michelle Bridges 12WBT Pre-Season is well underway and it is a time to prepare our bodies and most importantly our minds for the upcoming 12 weeks.

We all make excuses to avoid the task at hand, and I certainly use a lot of them!  I need to take responsibility for myself, and most importantly the way I think.

The excuses I use most often are:

Internal excuses...
- I'm too stressed and emotional.
- I'm too tired.
- I'm just over it...maybe this is the way I'm meant to be.
- I couldn't be bothered trying anymore because I always fail.

My solutions:
- Write about how I'm feeling. Don't let my emotions sabotage my efforts.
- Go to bed earlier so that I wake up feeling refreshed.
- I will succeed because I believe in myself and this program.
- Learn from my mistakes. Plan ahead to be successful.

External excuses...
- It's too cold to get out of bed.
- I'm too busy.
- Alfie is away and I've got no support.

My solutions:
- Wear layers of workout clothes, so I am warm when I wake up.
- Get up earlier and workout first thing in the morning.
- Plan ahead and schedule workouts/nutrition.

Outside my control...
- My allergies and asthma are playing up, and there is no way I can exercise feeling like this.

My solutions:
- Ensure nutrition plan is being followed and rest up.

What is your biggest excuse? 
What will you do to nip it in the butt?

2 comments:

  1. I think my most enduring excuse has been that I either have a migraine, know that one is coming or am recovering from one and therefore my bed is much, much more appealing than either cooking properly or exercising like I have planned.

    Still don't have the excuse zapper for this one ;)

    Your solutions are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vikki, didn't realise how severe your migraines are :( Is there any way you can do a big cook up when you're feeling well and freeze in portions? That way if you're not feeling well, you simply reheat in the microwave, eat and then go to bed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!
If you would like to respond to my post or you'd simply like to share your own journey, please write a comment...I really LOVE to read them!